Thursday, January 17, 2008

My first top 20


Here is my top 20- list of directors that has influenced me a lot, impressed me even more with every film, or every shot in every film. The rating starting from 1 to 20 is not pyramided like i.e. number one is not my favorite director, it is just a free chronology about which one I was in love first . I will speak about many films and how they moved me, about their visual and narrative part. There are  only few films that changed my life, more than few that changed my days, and thousands that thought me so much about places, people, emotions and much more. This is  a love diary, where I’m going to write my love letters  of gratitude to all directors, actors, writers, artists…all who gave me so much love and passion for cinema.

  1. Charlie Chaplin
  2. Ingmar Bergman
  3. Krzysztof Kieslowski
  4. Akira Kurosawa
  5. Emir (Nemanja)Kusturica
  6. Bernardo Bertolucci
  7. Leo Carax
  8. Ozu Yasujiro
  9. Peter Greenaway
  10. Milcho Manchevski
  11. Yimou Zhang
  12. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
  13. Takeshi Kitano
  14. Tom Tykwer
  15. Wong Kar Wai
  16. Kim ki Duk
  17. Chen Kaige
  18. Michel Gondry
  19. Deepa Mehta
  20. Chang-dong Lee

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tokyo! the movie is out on DVD. Its a look into the the city of Tokyo Japan through the unique perspectives of three different directors. Each segment adds a new dimension to the film and they are all incredible. Check it out

http://tokyothemovie.com/